Sunday, February 18, 2007

Nothing special

Just a quick post. I've been neglecting my blog as I have been wilting in the heat here - but so has all of Melbourne but a week-ish of 30+ degree days culminating in 38 degrees 2 days in a row will do that to people. But in the background there has been a last minute dash to finish 15 gifts (more on that later)







and some requisite fabric shopping (naughty naughty)




And even some cake baking (with the expert of assistance from the 2 year old nephew).


Now I'm off to enjoy sleeping in the relative comfort of a 25 degree celcius bedroom - as opposed to last nights effort of 'sleeping' in the 'comfort' of a 33 degree celcius bedroom. (remind me of this rant mid winter won't you?)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh me to! you know it actually so hot my resins won't set? arggggg roll on winter.

62cherry said...

oh hi! yay I think the cool change might have come in!
So great to meet you on Saturday and I love my headband and yummy biscuits. I'm going to use the jar for buttons I think! ;)

Anonymous said...

i love my headband too, isn't it funny how you end up with the one you would have chosen?! and I'm still hiding the biscuitts from the family until I have some me time, and can cope with a cup of tea - maybe when this icky, sticky weather passes.

SoulCradler said...

Woo, it all looks very pretty and yummy! Aaargh, it is so hot here today. Heat sends adolescent kids crazy. Well, if there is something that could convince me to go back to life in Melbourne it would be my old airconditioned city office and your bloggy catch up :-( Loving it here too though!

BrownPants said...

Oooh that all looks so good. Drool.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I enjoyed your Val story.

Shazmina Bendi said...

Hey ladieeeee! Where are you?

SusannahJ said...

Thank you for the lovely headband, It's perfect and I have been wearing it a lot! And the biscuits...well they didn't last long. Yummo!!!

sooz said...

Those biscuits were so darn good! I scoffed the lot and didn't even share. Any chance I can redeem myself to my family by getting the recipe and trying to bake some as good as yours??