Thursday, March 09, 2006

Knitting help

I have a knitting question...remember this beginning of a project...


It's all coming along nicely and the plan is it will be a lovely baby cardigan - Mr SadieandLance has called it Fruit Tingles cause it reminds him of Fruit Tingles - but there's pink fruit tingles and no pink in this cardigan...anyway so I have no realised that as I am carrying the colours up one side of each piece that one of the front panels of the cardigan will have a messy edge...and that's no good. My question is...is there an easy way to convert a cardigan pattern into a simple jumper? The other consideration is I am a bit of an amatuer knitter and completely shit at maths! Any ideas?

4 comments:

Alison said...

hey - I'm happy to help if you still want it. Email me and we'll talk through the particulars, and I'll organise a pattern altering thing.

Bel said...

Hey there - loving the colour combination. You should be able to fudge it so the colours carry up the seamed edge of both sides - just start the right front with a purl or WS row. Al is the queen of winging it though, so she's going to be a lot of help if you want to change it to a jumper.

Where did you get the pattern for your skirt by the way - I've never really sewed clothes and am looking for a basic A-line skirt pattern a la what you just made...

Bianca said...

Thanks Alison...I'll check in on your blog and send you an email.

Bel - sounds like a good way to make the cardi work too - thanks! The sewing pattern is Kwik Sew 2783 - I posted a pic of the pattern here http://sadieandlance.blogspot.com/2006/02/in-progress.html IT is SO easy and a great pattern for starting out on clothes. Don't be alarmed by the daggy pic on the front of the pattern though!

Betty Holley said...

Hi Bianca. Greeting from Portland. To convert a cardigan pattern into a jumper one, why not just do two back, put a deeper neckline on one of them? I do this often. Betty.