Sunday, July 30, 2006

Cake Magnific

You call that a cake? This is a cake:


I'm not sure who Maria is, but with a cake like this I'm sure her birthday was a happy one. I just happened to see her cake this morning at Brunetti - an Italian cafe in Carlton with a wall to wall blood sugar crisis in waiting. It is our favourite place to take visitors from interstate and overseas for a good coffee and some wow-wee cake perving. There's everything from mini canoli to rum baba, florentines and everything imaginable inbetween (and usually in two sizes).

We had a sadieandlance cousin in town this weekend with a friend of his from the states. While the inisde of many a pub easily and non-discriminately generated the wow-wee factor for this audience, good old Brunetti didn't fail to please either. Thanks to you Brunetti we once again take the crown of Hostess with the Mostest.

I have been the one with the mostest in other ways lately too...packages of neatly folded beautiful things seemed to come flowing into my life the last couple of weeks. Well timed too cause work has been crazy and a surprise craft package waiting on the doorstep is just what I need after a 12+ hour day.

Applehead:



Brownpants


Shazmina Bendi


A Choose Your Own Adventure Knitting book:

6 comments:

BrownPants said...

you've benn well-deservedly spoiled! I love the apple looking thingo too!

Shazmina Bendi said...

Aww shucks, you deserve it!! I think we need to adopt Applehead into the AADC!!!

SadieandLance said...

Oh yes Applehead is one special lady! The apple thing is actually a needle case. It is very special.

Elisabeth said...

Do you think the cake had chocolate in the middle?! I miss melbourne visits to the crazy cake shops. They don't do those types of cakes over here. Maybe if I go to italy....

Anonymous said...

With my 40th Birthday tomorrow I hope my kids have organised my cake to look just like this.....
My twin sister is making a dessert for us. My mum's "Greek Butterscotch". Not the same as the cake but tastes great.
Fiona - Dragonfly-Crafts

SadieandLance said...

Wow, Happy 40th Fiona! Greek Butterscotch sounds delish!