Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Let's Go Shopping

You love to shop, I love to shop, We all love to shop. So I thought I'd share somewhere I discovered (a while ago) that I think you might like.


Pene Durstan aka Miss Pen Pen is one crafty lady. Ahe's a bit of a Melbourne arts and crafts superstar. People everywhere seem to know her or know of her...well at least people I kept coming across. She opened Cottage Industry a little earlier this year on Gertrude Street in Fitzroy, Melbourne.

It's packed to the rafters with delicious hand crafted goodness. And it's all designed and made by Pene. I'm not sure how she finds the time between being a shop lady, being an academic lady as well as being an arts and craft lady, but she sure does. And not only that but she's a nice lady too. We went and said hello when we were in Melbourne last time and ended up chatting away.

Last year I was gifted a gorgeous Pene Durstan bag made from vintage teatowels. You can buy them in the shop as well as amazing angora gloves, swiss army blanket pouffes, skirts, tops, bangles and more including a lovingly nurtured and doily covered magnolia tree out the front!

So if you're in Melbourne go visit and if you're not, click on the cottage above to visit her online shop - which is a work in progress so if you see something on her blog you want to buy let her know!

Now, lets go shopping!

PS I've got another great place to tell you about but I lost their card and can't find them anywhere online right now! So, I better go back and visit again so I can share the shopping love. The shop is called Hullaballoo and it's in Newtown, Sydney if you're willing to try it out just because I said so?!

No comments: