Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Mini projects make for great finishing

It's true, I tell you mini projects do make for great finishing. I've been crafting a while now and it seems I'm only just learning this. I took an unscheduled break from the clapotis this week to tackle a pair of booties

Booties in action

It was all very last minute cause you see I had been stern with myself and allowed for no straying from the clap - I've got mid-projectitis (very standard occurence for me) - and with all my focus on breaking through the boredom barrier I forgot I was meeting our nephew for the first time this weekend. So last Sunday night I frantically cast on a pair of booties and used my tram time wisely. So wisely in fact that I managed a new Mini Moopy just before leaving for the plane:


And even squeezed in a couple of minutes of hand sewing

(ooo look at my clean fingernail there!)

And cause the booties were just so damned quick I ambitiously tried for a hat too


Alas the hat didn't quite make it in time (and yes I know the photo is of the inside of the hat but I was starting a purl row and you know I'm pregnant so if I didn't take the photo right then I would have forgotten by the time I got to the end of the row). Lucky for me I'm a ditz (pregnant or not apparently) and forgot to take the pre-purchased (weeks ago) card so will send the card and hat up later this week. And I'll look like a good Aunty cause it will seem like it was all planned...sorta

7 comments:

BrownPants said...

It's Fruit tingles returned as a hat! Looking splendid I must say ;)

Cathy said...

the booties look adorable, and I am sure that the hat will be too.

I know what you mean about finsishing projects. I have learnt now to walk away for a little while and let my head clear, then I can go back and finish a project.

Shazmina Bendi said...

The mini moopy is gorgeous! I had a chat to mine the other day, she is well and says hello! Love the booties and the hat!! Say no to dithering on the clapotis!!

Jade said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I love your knitted baby things and your mini moopy. Now I know that clapotis is something knitted, but it still makes me laugh when I hear it, 'cos it sounds like some kind of bad medical condition...lol.

Anonymous said...

I love the booties in action shot - although panicked for a second before reading that somehow I missed the birth - phew - should learn not to jump to conclusions! and I take photo's like that, and I'm not pregnant so not sure what my brain's up too!!

p.s. can you email me your address please, just something I need to send your way.
whizzme (at) bigpond (dot) net (dot) au
thanks

Anonymous said...

Your Mini Moopy is very cute. He's got his eyes closed in the photo though. Very cheeky
Must have been nap time.

SadieandLance said...

Jacquie those Mini Moopies are known for their cheekiness!