Friday, August 17, 2007

Wagger

I'm wagging my blog next week. I've got a faked note to show Principal Blog though, it looks like this:


Yes, we're moving house. Tomorrow in fact. When I say we it's actually got nothing to do with me, I'm not allowed to move boxes. It's all Mr S+L and our volunteer grunt force friends. I'll be the one making the sandwiches and cutting the fruit (while wishing I was drinking the beer).

I had today off work which turned out to be just like a work day with all the housey things that needed to be tended to. But I can't complain cause I distracted myself very briefly with a quick shopping expedition to my favourite of all favourite fabric shops where I found this little beauty


I hope it will turn out a bit like this but of course it could just end up in the stash like most of my other fabric and good intentions.
The fabric shop is at Westgarth in Northcote (I forget the name of the shop) but they have all vintage and reprinted collectable fabrics and vintage wallpapers. Including Florence Broadhurst. They have a website, I'll post it when I finishing wagging.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I played pay it forward with the delightful Jade from My Art is My Outlet. Lookie!


One of her gorgeous pram blankies for Unit 1. Yay! And some fabric


Can't wait to try it out. I'll be paying it forward once I get back online after the move, so keep an eye out if you wanna play.

Oh did I tell you that right after settlement on the house today the smooth agent called me to say he'd lost the keys?! WHAT the f%^*? We got them e-v-e-n-t-u-a-l-l-y but seriously we just forked out all this money and you tell me you've lost the keys. It was all very unceremonious in the end, no hand shaking or anything just the key shoved under the door of our current place in a crumpled envelope. Sheesh. Lucky when we went for a sticky beak tonight though the last owners had left us a bunch of tulips and a really sweet card. Touching. They had also left us a box of rubbish and a crappy old chair on the nature strip. But we forgave them for that when we saw the flowers and card. I'm still waiting for our bottle of champagne from the agent though.

OK, I'll be back in a week unless I wag work and blog from there....fingers crossed the phone company does what they're told (HA!) and I'm back online in a jiffy - I'm already hyperventilating from withdrawls.

Oh and feel free to drop me a comment or two so I can feel the blog love when I get back.

OK make sure you cover for me with Principal blog while I'm gone OK.

No comments: