Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Whites Blondies Brownies


Here's the recipe for the baby poo cakes Whities. My recipe writing style is quite conversational so pardon the comments thrown in here and there. Oh and I can't take the credit for this, it was torn out of one of those trashy supermarket food mags - I just can't tell you which one cause the page I tore out doesn't have the footer stamp on it. But then again Nigella has almost the same recipe in the Domestic Goddess I think. So it seems to me that recipe land is kinda like craft land - you know people change one tiny element of a pattern/recipe and then claim it as their own (and then bag on someone else for copying them - the nerve, the craziness).

White Chocolate and Almond Blondies

  • 75g unsalted butter, chopped
  • 375g white chocolate buttons (this is the size bag I buy but it doesn’t matter if the bag is a bit bigger or smaller)
  • 3 eggs
  • 90g caster sugar (I use my jar that has a vanilla bean shoved in it)
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups SR flour
  • 100g slivered almonds (again if the bag you buy is bigger or smaller don’t sweat it)
  • Icing sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 175 deg C
Line a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan with baking paper.
Melt the butter and 300g of the white choc in the microwave or if you’re a Martha Stewart purist do it over a saucepan of simmering water.
Whisk the eggs, caster sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl.
Stir in melted choc/butter mixture, then fold in the flour.
Stir in the remaining chocolate buttons and almonds.
Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it to the edges.
Lick the bowl now cause it's bloody delicious!
Feel sick cause you ate too much raw brownie mixture.
Fill the empty mixture bowl with hot water so you can't be tempted to eat anymore raw mixture.
Bake in the oven for about 25 – 40 mins. The time depends on how goo-ey you like your brownies. I bake mine a bit longer cause I like the middle pieces to be not too gooey that they’re impossible to pick up. Just make sure the top has a firm crust.
Cool in the pan, then cut into squares. Dust with icing sugar (if you want).
YUM!

No comments: