Saturday, June 14, 2008

My new project. Or new ways of wasting time.

Meet my new project: The Toy Society

"The Toy Society is a small project spreading the love throughout the streets. Nothing to it really, just a bunch of handmade toys looking for a nice home. Should you come across a member of the Toy Society on your travels collect them up and take them home with you! "

The excitement levels are sky high after 4 years of day dreaming about this project. Finally the wheels are in motion and I'm actually do-ing it. It came about from a love of "street art" but a recognition of my own lack of artistic skills. But I really wanted to contribute something to the street scape. I'd watched a friend put his work up about the place and got such a buzz walking past random walls in the city and seeing his work. And so The Toy Society was born.

I've done the first drop of toys (have a peep here) it was only small, just to test the idea, but it worked and I was excited to get a response. So now the next drop is in the works, birds in trees I'm thinking. Haven't picked a street yet, let me know if you have any ideas for a good street.

So it's a work in progress and a fun one at that.

No comments: