Tuesday, November 17, 2009

On knit one, knit one, knit one


In un-me like fashion I finished this little number well in advance of the arrival of my latest nephew. I even had time to make very considered choices about buttons. It was delightful to be able to prance about the button shop getting the assistant's opinion and not feeling pressured to purchase the first button that seemed suitable because they needed to be sewn on in the car on the way to meet the bundle of joy (don't ask).

I bought three different types and settled on the first choice in the end anyway. The colour's a bit weird in that photo up there, but in real life the combo works. No, really it does.

The cardy is a Debbie Bliss pattern, garter stitch and knit in one piece (the only way to go I'm convinced). The wool is divine Grignasco Bambini. Most of the knitting was completed in the car.

OK, ready to cast on the next one. I think I'm going to buy some Bendy wool this time...to match the buttons of course. I've got another nephew/neice arriving in January so I can now knit a cardy to go with the remaining buttons.

No comments: