Sunday, November 07, 2010

New Dress



On the craft weekend I made three dresses. Two little baby ones for presents and one-for-me. Yep, a dress for me. It has lining and it's fitted and a little bit of trickiness and I made it and I couldn't be happier.

I think it's a great example of how my sewing skills have come along. Don't get me wrong, I have a long way to go. But I look back on my sewing and there was a time I would have been afraid to attack even a simple dress like this, especially with lining.



Simplicity pattern 3803. The fabric is a cheap cotton I bought on sale at scragfight thinking that it wouldn't matter if the dress didn't work because the fabric was cheap. Only problem is, I really like this fabric now and wish I had more.

I will definitely make this again and next time I'll cut one size bigger in the bust and also cut the arm holes a little higher.

No comments: