Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I see Red

In my non craft life I'm seeing red at the moment - a lazy builder who I've come home early from work to meet 2 days in a row without him showing, bastards (of all genders) who won't offer me a seat on the stinking hot overcrowded tram - despite their eye contact and secret peak at my belly (interestingly mostly young women wearing ipods - or maybe that's eyepods? Darling just cause you've got earphones plugging your hearing holes doesn't mean I can't see you looking at me - may the karma goddess hit you with her pointy stick if you ever need a seat on a tram when you're 7 months up the duff), and meanie bobeanies at work who despite being high powered successful women are acting like a pack of high school girls bitches.

In my craft life however I seem to be seeing pink...

Umbilical hat from Stitch n Bitch (not for my bump). And I've cast this on again in another shade of pink for a different girl bump.


A beautiful cotton beanie from Sam at Wizz Me together with her ace pattern for a baby beanie in 4 ply cotton that I can't wait to try out (just need the right size needles) - sent in response to my weak pleas for help. Oh and Sam I was overly excited by the duck shaped paper clip. Sam has an etsy shop by the way.

At least the pink can cheer me up and I have been right into the pinks lately- even though I'm not a pink girl. Ingrid and I were discussing over email how the bun in my oven may be trying to send me some signals. Maybe but we'll all have to wait another 10 or so weeks to find out. Shit 10 weeks, really??!

Oh and this too can cheer me up - I forgot all about it and found it in my pile of bday cards (surprise bday bash I never told you about way back in March).

Care of Brownpants who can jump on my bed any time! I think I will get a proper frame for this and put it on the wall over our bed.

Oh and did you hear the Up the Duff bug is going around?

13 comments:

Bells said...

people are so selfish!!!

Love that card. :-) BP is a hoot.

picperfic said...

that card is great! ignorant people! if any of my children behaved like that I'd knock their blocks off!

Unknown said...

I love the umbilical cord beanie - also still loving pink. glad you like the beanie - must get my butt into gear and put the rest into the shop!! The duck paper clip by the way is from officeworks of all places! I suggest you start prodding the bastards on the tram with a knitting needle, accidentally of course :) Love the jumping on the bed - not that my daughter needs an inviation!

Di said...

Cute hats!
When I was up the duff I would get on the train, and if there wasn't a seat (and nobody offered- which was a very rare ocurrence- only 7 times through the entire pregnancy) I would stand and look at the people in the accessible/disabled seats and say "Excuse me, I'm pregnant, would anyone be willing to offer me a seat?". I was never refused. Annying that I had to ask, but I couldn't handle standing up for the 35 minute train ride into the city on a crowded train.

nikkishell said...

Heh heh...up the duff bug!
I'm sorry to hear that people have been shits towards you recently. Like Di said, it's a pain to have to ask but sometimes it's the only way. Oh and some people seem to think that it's your choice to get pregnant so deal with it, oh yes! there ARE people like this, i've met some.

SadieandLance said...

I tried the politely asking for a seat approach this monring and while it was humiliating to have to ask (and everyone stared at me!) it worked. And it was much better than last time when I ended up in a hormmonal melt down cause no one offered me a seat and I ended up going about it all the wrong way when I did finally ask for one.

You're right Nikkishell,there are people like that out there and the thought even crossed my mind this morning that it was my choice to get up the duff and maybe I don't deserve a seat...but then again I spose those peple think it's old people's fault for getting old too?!

meetmeatmikes said...

Hmmm.. losers.. well i actually fainted on a tram once whilst pregnant on a boiling hot day because no LOSER would give me a seat.. and i was 8 MONTHS PREGNANT.. (there was no mistaking it for a big night in the KFC Bucket.. i was obviously PREGNANT!) I love the stitching! xx pip

Thimbleanna said...

I'm telling you ... I've learned more vernacular since I've been blogging..."Up the duff" -- I love it! And that card is hysterical -- must remember it!

Shazmina Bendi said...

ahahahahaha! I just had to check the up the duff bug links to make sure it want me! Not that it would be me, but I am having one of those weeks! I think the bump is sending mixed messages just to be trickster!

Jade said...

I reckon if they're going to be so rude, then you can take your pride back by declaring to yourself that you deserve the seat more than they do, the cretins. I got the same treatment, too, when I was preggers...but my husband used to ask kids (adults in their late teens or very early twenties) to get up for me, the dear!

And 10 weeks! That's not long at all. Better email me your address soon...I've got my PIF pressie waiting to get to you and your bump. :-)

LBA said...

Love the x-stitch sampler ;)

I thought I missed the recent pregnancy blogger trend, but it seems I have company - yay !

Corrie said...

I went back to work for 3 months when pregnant....my mum told me to ask them kindly to give me their seat....I was so nervous the first time but for 2 1/2 months I asked for a seat ..always the same words...would you mind if I sat down please ....and always got it...they are embarrassed and I always sat comfortably...do it and trust me watch their faces!
Oh and you should see it in japan, people jump up so quickly it looks funny to offer their seat! don't you love it...not in australia though

Stacey said...

Oh gorgeous hats!! Don't you love little baby hats?
As for people on the train, I farted a lot when pregnant, so if they didn't get up, I aimed one in their direction. Fair enough too...