Sunday, May 08, 2011

On saddles and getting back in them

It's not like I don't think about coming back to this space. And it's not like I'm not doing any crafty stuff. It's just that I've been away from this space for so long that I get intimidated by getting started back on posting. 

So I'll keep it simple while I'm climbing back into the saddle. Simple, like this Asymmetrical Wrap top I made a few weeks ago. Genius pattern. Cut in 1 piece in 5 mins. Another 5 for adjusting and a maximum of 10 minutes zig-zag stitching around the edges  because I couldn't be arsed to change the thread on the overlocker. 

Made in a cheap wool acrylic blend to test the pattern. So good that I'm now busy assessing the nice stuff to make some more of these.

Fix it closed with a brooch and it's my new fav top for wearing in autumn. 

Nice to see you again! I think I'll come back soon to tell you about How to Love Canberra and my beautiful "vintage" house.

No comments: